AIA WMR LEADERSHIP SUMMIT
Friday, January 29 – Saturday, January 30, 2016
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Friday Jan 29
Arrive Friday Afternoon/ Evening
7:00 PM Dinner, The Arrogant Butcher (2 E. Jefferson #150, Phoenix, Arizona)
Saturday Jan 30
8:00 AM – Breakfast, AIA Arizona Offices (30 N 3rd Ave, Suite 200, Phoenix, AZ 85003 | P: 602.252.4200)
8:30 AM – Introductions/Overview
- Who is WMR? Purpose
- Roles of Regional Rep/Director and Strategic Councilor
- AIA National Strategic Plan Initiatives
10:00 AM – Break
10:15 AM – WMR Strategic Initiatives
- Brainstorm Topics
- Identify Focused Direction
- Determine Approach, Assign Leader
- Issues for National/Strategic Council
12:15 PM – Lunch
1:15 PM – Communications Plan
- Business Meetings
- Leadership Calls/Agendas/Schedule
- Internal communication
- Content (information, resource)
- Assign Leader
3:15 PM – Future Agenda Topics
4:00 PM – Adjourn
Please think about the questions below prior to the Leadership Summit.
1. What can WMR do for your members? Components?
- communicate National directives/ initiatives
- provide component/regional directives to National
2. What resources would benefit your components/states/? members?
- legislative issues
3. What resources would benefit your component? Members?
- best practices
4. How can WMR be effective in Communication?
5. How can the States/Components share information?
6. What issues/challenges/opportunities is your Chapter/State facing that you would like National to know about and act upon?
(1) Representative from each State (President or President’s Representative) is provided a $400 stipend to attend this Leadership Summit.
Others are invited and encouraged to attend (but no stipend is available). – e.g. YAF, Pettigrew Scholar, other CACE not on ExComm
Sheraton Grand Phoenix (http://www.sheratonphoenixdowntown.com)
340 N 3rd Street, Phoenix, Arizona | P: 602-262-2500